In this roundtable episode, your nice hosts settle back into the clubhouse, still exhausted a few days after the excitement of GlitchCon 2017.
Martha conducts a debrief on the weekend’s festivities, Stephen gives his presentation on game design (for both new and experienced gamedevs), and Mark leads a discussion on multitasking in game development workflows.
Discuss this week’s episode on reddit using this thread in r/gamedev!
[0:02:26] GlitchCon 2017 Debrief
- Our episode on prototyping
- Last week’s episode on version control
- Our live episode featuring Bekah and Adam Saltsman
- Mark’s greatest invention: the $6 playtester seat
- The Soap Factory
- “Indie Momhood” – Bekah Saltsman
- Heather Kelley on Twitter
[0:31:06] Game Design Primer
- Stephen’s Game Design Workshop slides
- Concept art for Fingeance character Gwen
- The Magic School Bus “In the Haunted House”
- Our episode on playtesting
[0:48:33] Multitasking in Game Development
- “The Myth of Multitasking” – Christine Rosen, The New Atlantis
- “The Importance of Holistic Game Design” – Daniel Clark, IGN
- “If Multitasking Is Impossible, Why Are Some People So Good at It?” – Derek Thompson, The Atlantic
- “Why your brain likes it when you multi-task” – Claudia Hammond, BBC