In this episode, you nice hosts discuss some current events and engage in some future prognostications. Plus: more puns than reasonable.
Apologies for the slightly odd audio quality on this one. The band playing at the bar downstairs was a bit louder and started a bit earlier than we expected. Much sound modeling. So noise reduction.
Discuss this episode on Reddit using this thread on r/gamedev!
- In you’re in the Minneapolis area, join our community Slack team!
- Martha’s dad will be speaking at the IDGA-TC meeting, on July 12th. Visit igdatc.org for more details.
[0:04:31] Future Projects
- Announced at E3, “A Way Out” has similar qualities to Stephen’s co-op concept.
- Our episode about Serial Game Design, featuring Lane Davis.
- BloodRayne: Betrayal Review – IGN
- Star Fox Guard: The Kotaku Review – Stephen Totilo
- Our episode on gamedev tools!
- “Finishing a Game” – Derek Yu
[0:37:40] Steam Direct
- “Valve sets Steam Direct self-publishing fee at $100” – Samit Sarkar, Polygon
- “Valve is not your friend, and Steam is not healthy for gaming” – Tim Colwill, Polygon
- Way back in our second episode, we talked with Beth and Andy Korth about Steam Greenlight.
- “The hidden world of Steam trading” – Mitch Bowman, Polygon
[0:53:02] Racing Games
- Hydro Thunder Hurricane Review – Gamespot
- “Retrospective: Star Wars Episode I Racer” – Martyn Carroll, Eurogamer
- “Watto Hums Cantina Song” – YouTube
- Mark talked about the original PlayStation’s wonky affine texture mapping, which was not “perspective correct.”