Oh no… My wife, my boyfriend Dylan, and Adia somehow manage to take over the broadcast for… EVIL GAMES CLUB!
+!+!+!+!+ NICE TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED +!+!+!+!+
Mwa ha ha! For our first villainous episode, your evil hosts discuss what their deal is, do a deep dive into Quantic Foundry’s Gamer Motivation Profile, and rail against Mario Kart battle mode. Enjoy! Or don’t! We don’t care! We’re evil!
Discuss this evil episode on Reddit using this thread in r/gamedev!
[0:01:44] An Evil Introduction
- “Play every game from this year’s Train Jam” – Charlie Hall, Polygon
- Wash My Hands, Train Jam 2017 game
- Blind Shootout, Train Jam 2017 game
- Dylan was a guest on Nice Games Club for two episodes from GDC: Part 1, Part 2
- PHP, a server-side programming language, stands for “personal home page.”
- Ren’Py, a visual novel engine
- Ink, a scripting/markup language for visual novels
- ChoiceScript, a programming language for choose-your-own-adventure games
- Adia has been a guest on Nice Games Club for two Co-op Recap episodes: Interactive Fiction, Transmedia
- “Why Rubber Duck Debugging is the best way to debug your code” – Alec Morgana
- Fingeance, Escape Industries
[0:15:20] Gamer Motivation Profile
- Gamer Motivation Profile – Quantic Foundry
- “LEGO City Undercover still has some lengthy load times on Switch” – Chris Carter, Destructoid
“A Critique of Radar Charts” – Graham Odds
- “Zelda: Breath of the Wild rupee farming – How to make rupees with bowling” – Polygon
- “The Natural: The Trouble Portraying Blackness in Video Games” – Evan Narcisse, Kotaku
- “At E3 2017, Black Characters’ Hair Looks Better Than Ever” – Gita Jackson, Kotaku
- “Animal Crossing Fans Want More Than Just White Skin Colors In New Leaf” – Patricia Hernandez, Kotaku
- “The Complete, Untold History of Halo” – Steve Haske
- “The Story Behind Mass Effect: Andromeda’s Troubled Five-Year Development” – Jason Schreier, Kotaku
- “Let’s Talk About: The cultural significance of Saints Row 4” – Chris Plante, Polygon
- “The Secret Behind Scribblenauts: Making Objects By Hand (And Lots Of Crunch)” – Kotaku (via Liz England)
[1:22:23] Mario Kart
- No links for this section, just evil talk.