In a previous episode, we mentioned that Mark’s game, Metro Nexus, recently underwent a usability study, so for this episode, we brought in the Games User Researcher who conducted it, Hannah Murphy!
Hannah talks about her work, explains the value of UX research for indie developers, and discusses the study she did for Metro Nexus.
Discuss this episode on Reddit using this thread in r/gamedev!
- Metro Nexus Usability Report – Hannah Murphy
- Metro Nexus tutorial screen gif.
- Metro Nexus gameplay trailer video.
- IGDA Games User Research Special Interest Group
- “UX & QA Testing: What’s the Difference?” – Lindsay Lauters Miller
- MIT’s Game Lab’s list of recommended courses includes a few which are focused on UX.
- “How to break into Games User Research” – Steve Bromley
- List of UX degrees offered by universities
- “Best Colleges with Human Computer Interaction Degrees in the US” – Universities.com
- #GamesUR on Twitter.
- “How to Conduct a Heuristic Evaluation” – Jakob Nielsen, Nielsen Norman Group
- Groupthink – Wikipedia
- “On Indie Game Pricing” – Dan Adelman
- In the outro, we joke about our recent Live Episode! Listen to it!