Uh oh… they’re back… it’s EVIL GAMES CLUB!
+!+!+!+!+ NICE TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED +!+!+!+!+
Snide laugh! Malicious gafaw! In this, our second evil episode, your evil hosts revisit some of the dumb topics Nice Games Club covered in previous episodes, and correct the record where required. We’re at it again, being evil, that is!
[0:02:46] Crafting Systems
(This topic is a followup to the episode “It’s against the law to stop.”)
- “5 Approaches to Crafting Systems in Games (and Where to Use Them)” – Alexander King
- “The absolute best video game crafting systems” – Ty Arthur, Game Skinny
- “How The Witcher 3 succeeds where Mass Effect: Andromeda falls short” – Jody Macgregor
- “Mass Effect: Andromeda’s Menus Are A Mess” – Alex Walker, Kotaku Australia
- “Games like Fallout 4 take crafting too far for the average player” – BlackTideTV
- “Fallout 4 Has A Ton Of Junk, And It’s Stressing Me Out” – Patricia Hernandez, Kotaku
[0:26:23] Game Jams
- Global Game Jam 2018 starts Jan 26th.
- Lists of upcoming game jams:
- Ludum Dare 40 takes place Dec 1st-4th, 2017
- Your evil hosts praised the organizer of Train Jam 2017, Adriel Wallick.
- (off-topic!) “A Musical Character Customization Trick For Everyone To Copy” – Kirk Hamilton, Kotaku
[0:52:39] Bad Gamedev Habits
(This topic is a followup to the episode “Can I tweet about this?”)
- While this topic was mostly evil talk directed at Nice Game Club, it also included some uncharacteristically sage advice from your evil hosts. Take heed, or suffer!