In this episode, Stephen fights his demons, Martha likes sports now, and Mark learns a lot about both.
Stephen will be speaking at the November IGDA Twin Cities meeting! Details will be posted at igdatc.org soon.
[0:02:41] Scope Creep
- Martha took a blacksmithing class! Also, her instructor told her this was a perfect forge weld.
- Martha brought up fighting scope creep on our Train Jam Episode.
- Project management is a way to combat scope creep that we’ve covered before.
- A core concept for your game can help focus ideas as well. We go over this in our Game Design Primer.
- “Facilitator’s Guide to Participatory Decision-Making” – Sam Kaner
- Our post on the r/gamedev. Special thanks to SaxPanther, ledat, GravityGamesInt, Bwob, and DustyPixel for their stories!
- SaxPanther created a battle royale game out of the Unity Roll-A-Ball tutorial.
- ledat shared a story on how one person accidentally created banking software after attempting to streamline coffee orders.
- League of Legends World Championship is happening RIGHT THE DANG NOW!
- Martha will be rooting for her favorite team, C9.
- “Player Signings, Salaries, and More in the Overwatch League™” – Blizzard Entertainment
- “’League of Legends’ ratings top NBA Finals, World Series clinchers” – Patrick Dorsey, ESPN
- An example of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament casting.
- “The Story of DOTA” – Paul Dean, Eurogamer
- “The biggest Call of Duty tournament shines light on growth of esports” – Jordan Crook, TechCrunch
- “The Rise and Fall of StarCraft II as an eSport” – Kevin Hovdestad, IGN
- “How Intellectual Property Rights Are Hurting Esports Teams” – Leonard Langenscheidt, The Esports Observer
- There is, in fact, a Civilization VI eSports scene.