It’s a very special episode, as your nice hosts celebrate one year(!!!) of Nice Games Club by revising their favorite topics from the show’s first 50+ episodes. Also: Mark complains about Las Vegas, Martha repeatedly gets the last laugh, and Stephen doesn’t like talking about his problems.
Reminisce with us by listening to our very first episode.
[0:03:06] Imposter Syndrome
- “I haven’t experienced imposter syndrome, and maybe you haven’t either” – Rachel Smith
- “Impostor Syndrome Is Not Just a Confidence Problem” – Alicia Liu
- “Adobe’s prototype AI tools let you instantly edit photos and videos” – James Vincent, The Verge
- “So Adobe XD CC is out, what now?” – Alexander Dimitrov, Prototypr
[0:24:50] VR Development
- We never miss an opportunity to plug Beach Ball Valley.
- Google Blocks
- “Logitech made a VR keyboard kit so you can type in the Vive” – Adi Robertson, The Verge
- “EVE developers CCP pulling out of VR” – Adam Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
- “Oculus is closing its VR film studio” – Adi Robertson, The Verge
- “Google acquires Owlchemy Labs VR game studio” – Lucas Matney, TechCrunch
- “Windows Mixed Reality Headsets Gain SteamVR Support, a Library of VR Games” – Anton Shilov, AnandTech
- This topic revisits our episode “Pick up all the things!”
- “15 Top Prototyping Tools Go Head-to-Head” – Dave Kearney and Daniel Schwarz, Sitepoint
[0:48:44] Messages and Meanings
- This topic revisits our episode “We are artists and we should be artists.”
[1:06:04] Strategy Guides
- This topic revisits our episode “Will you be the best with me?”
[1:13:57] The future of Nice Games Club