This week is Stephen’s first turn as roundtable host, Mark teaches us about film and Martha sells her soul for three Destiny 2 faction tokens.
Mark and Stephen and friends made it through Ludum Dare! Check out their game called Widget Satchel.
- “What Is Blackout Poetry? These Fascinating Poems Are Created From Existing Art” – E. Ce Miller, Bustle
- That action/puzzle game Stephen was trying to remember was Meteos.
- We talked about Star Wars Episode 1 Racing in our episode on racing games.
- “The Secret of Mario’s Jump (and other Versatile Verbs)” – Mark Brown, Game Maker’s Toolkit
- “The Norwood Suite Is A Very Different Kind Of Music Game” – Ethan Gach, Kotaku
- “The Unexpected Joy Of Repetition In Video Games” – Heather Alexander, Kotaku
- “Desert Bus comes to VR at long last” – Owen S. Good, Polygon
- “Stuck on repeat: why we love repetition in music” – Tom Service, The Guardian
- Saying the same word over again until it means nothing is called semantic satiation.
- “Loops” episode of Radiolab