It’s been awhile since your nice hosts recorded in the clubhouse, and they have a lot to talk about, including news about Martha’s now-in-development point-and-click game!
This, plus the return of Mortho, an uncritical endorsement of capitalism, and Stephen admitting that Uncharted 4 maybe had some good things about it.
- “That Nintendo Labo Robot Game Looks Awfully Familiar” – Chris Kohler, Kotaku
- The Global Game Jam is this weekend! It’s not too late to sign up!
- “An Overwatch Women’s League isn’t the answer” – Ashley Oh, Polygon
- “The biggest issues with Steam in 2017, according to 230 developers” – Lars Doucet, PC Gamer
- Verdant Skies will be out on Steam real soon!
- We previously talked about Steam Direct in the clubhouse, and had Andy, Beth and Gabe Korth in to discuss Steam Greenlight.
- A few alternatives to Steam: Itch.io, Good Old Games, Humble Bundle, Robot Cache.
- “So You Want To Compete With Steam” – Lars Doucet, Gamasutra
[0:43:35] Games in Games
- TV Tropes has a great list of games within games.
- “The secret world of hidden games” – K. Thor Jensen, Geek
- Microsoft Excel ‘95 contained Hall of Tortured Souls and Excel ‘97 had a space simulator!
- “Long Lost Emulation Easter Egg Discovered in GoldenEye” – Kate Cox, Kotaku
- “Inside the Development of Gaming’s Biggest Mystery, ‘Frog Fractions 2’ “ – Patrick Klepek, Waypoint
- “Uncharted 4 Has The Perfect Video Game Ending” – Luke Plunkett, Kotaku
- “Wolfenstein 3D returns with a twist in Wolfenstein 2” – Patrick Gill, Polygon
- One of Martha’s favorite games, Spy Fox in Dry Cereal, contains a small game called Happy Fun Sub.