Martha brags about her computer, Mark finds yet another excuse to talk about Star Trek, and Stephen is still holding out hope for a Smash Bros. announcement.
NOTE: After an epic (off-screen) battle, your nice hosts have managed to regain control of the clubhouse from their evil counterparts. We apologize for last week’s evil interruption. It will never happen again… we hope.
Discuss this week’s episode on Reddit using this thread in r/gamedev!
- Glitch Community Events Calendar
- We talked about Mark’s VR Night as if it happened already, but after we recorded the episode, the date got pushed to July 21st! Details here.
- Ice Cold Games
[0:05:08] Building a PC
- “Project Scorpio Xbox Development Kit” – YouTube
- “One Xbox One X Box” – Jess Brohard on Twitter
- “HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Windows Mixed Reality system requirements.” – Cale Hunt, VR Heads
- Martha picks her PC parts on PCPartPicker!
- “The Big Form Factor Guide – ATX” – 10stripe
- “Ugly gaming PCs are our own fault” – Vlad Savov, The Verge
- “Project Scorpio rocks high-end vapor chamber cooler” – Derek Strickland, TweakTown
- In you’re in the Twin Cities, Techdump is a great resource for recycled PC components.
- Want help? Check out r/buildapcforme
- “What You Need To Know About Overclocking” – Alex Walker, Kotaku Australia
[0:37:18] Pen and Paper RPGs
- “Dungeons and Dragons Thursdays” at Glitch is this Thursday!
- “New Ships and Crews Take Off with Star Trek Adventures” – Jeff McArthur, Geek & Sundry
- Hurdy-gurdy, Wikipedia
- Tech the Tech, a bot Mark created that tweets Star Trek technobabble 8 times a day.
- 200-Word RPG Challenge
- “D&D 4th Edition – What Went Wrong?” – Grey Lotus
- “The Dwarvenaut“ documentary. [Website]. [Netflix].
- “Emergent Gameplay: Letting the Players Create Their Own Fun” – David Draw, PCWorld
- “Story And The Trouble With ‘Emergent’ Narratives” – Tom Cross
[1:01:03] E3 Recap
- “The Best Indie Games Of E3 2017” – GameInformer
- “Video game stories don’t have to suck” – Andrew Webster, The Verge
- “It’s Time For the E3 Press Conference to Die” – Julie Muncy, Wired
- Polygon’s E3 2017 Press Conference supercuts
- “Ubisoft answers our prayers, explains how to pronounce its name” – Tony Polanco, Geek.com
- “Detroit: Become Human director wants players to confront the game’s violence” – Megan Farokhmanesh, The Verge
- “David Cage wants you to believe his games have no meaning” – Ben Kuchera, Polygon
- “Super Mario 3D World’s 4 Step Level Design” – Game Maker’s Toolkit
- “Official Ooblets E3 Trailer” – YouTube